WELCOME BACK Burlington Orthodontics Family!
Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to you.
On June 8th we slowly opened our office for non-emergency patient care. We ask that you like and follow our Facebook page for updates. We post the very important information there.
We have been able to see and schedule appointments for most of our patients. If we have been unable to contact you after the COVID-19 shutdown (and therefore, you do NOT have an appointment scheduled yet), we ask you to please call our office at 781-272-3050 to schedule an appointment.
As we help you create your best smile, a clean, safe environment has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). All clinical staff will be wearing required PPE (Personal Protective Equipment), including gowns, head covers, gloves, N95 masks or NK95 and face shields or goggles. In addition, all of our staff will be screened on a daily basis.
You will notice some changes when you come to your next appointment. Some of these are medical-grade air purifiers with HEPA-Rx ultrafine particulate filter, an extraoral dental suction unit designed to safely capture chairside aerosols, and plexiglass barriers at the front desk. We have made these changes to help protect our patients and staff as well as to make sure we are following mandates from the State of Massachusetts.
IF WE SCHEDULED A VIRTUAL APPOINTMENT:
There are some appointments that we will continue to do VIRTUALLY. If we told you that your appointment will be virtual, please follow these instructions:
- All you need to do is click this link: https://doxy.me/burlingtonorthodontics. You can use your computer or smartphone. Please press “Enable Camera” and “Allow” access to your microphone. You will log into our Virtual Waiting room. Dr. Toro will get notified that you are in there and will answer your call shortly. Please join at least 5 minutes before your appointment time to make sure your camera/microphone are running and you are all set.
- If we scheduled a VIRTUAL TREATMENT CONFERENCE, during this virtual appointment Dr. Toro will share her screen and present her orthodontic findings, treatment proposal, cost, and payment plans. You will have the opportunity to discuss any questions or concerns. We recommend you use a computer screen, instead of your phone, to be able to appreciate better the screen share.
- If we scheduled a VIRTUAL aligner or retainer check, please click here to follow the instructions on how to take and submit your photos prior to your virtual appointment.
IF WE SCHEDULED AN IN-OFFICE APPOINTMENT:
Within 24 hours of your appointment (PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT THESE FORMS earlier than 24 hours as you will need to repeat them):
- Click here to fill out online the necessary online health forms and questionnaires Please choose if you are a NEW or CURRENT patient, and fill out the corresponding online forms (we must receive these before the appointment):
- Supplemental Informed Consent (only the FIRST time you come back to our office after the COVID-19 shutdown).
- Supplemental Health Questionnaire(EVERY time you have an appointment, until further notice).
- New Patient Health History Form (only NEW patients, or to UPDATE previous health form).
The Day of your Appointment:
- Make sure you have SUBMITTED your online forms (click above as needed). Without these we can’t start the appointment. To avoid running behind, please make sure you submit them before arriving.
- Before leaving for your appointment, please make sure you brush your teeth and use the restroom. Our tooth brushing station and restroom are now temporarily closed, so please brush before coming.
- Once you arrive at our office, please REMAIN in your car and text us at 781-262-3898 (text line only) to inform us you have arrived (please include name of patient on your text).
- Once we are ready for you or your child’s appointment, we will contact you by text and are asking that ONLY the patient enter the building. If your child is not able to attend their appointment alone, ONE parent or guardian may accompany them. Please make sure to bring your own mask (patient and guardian).
- For Children Patients: When your child comes up for their appointment, please click this link: https://doxy.me/burlingtonorthodontics. When the appointment is over, Dr. Toro will connect here to have a short video call to update you about the visit.
- Once inside the office, you will be greeted by one of our staff who will be using a no-touch thermometer to take the patient’s temperature. If the recorded temperature is over 100°F, we will have to reschedule your appointment.
- When the appointment is over, Dr. Toro will connect through Doxy.me, and we will later call you to schedule the next visit.
- Please call us to notify if the patient tests positive for COVID-19 in the 14 days after their appointment.
Please notify us if you have been sick in the last two weeks or have had contact with someone who has been sick in the last two weeks. You will not have to wait an extended period for a new appointment if you reschedule your appointment due to illness or suspected contact with someone exposed to COVID-19. We will reschedule your appointment to reflect a 2 week waiting period.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
We look forward to seeing you again!
Dr. Toro and Team
Important links and phone numbers:
Text line: 781-262-3898
Phone call line: 781-272-3050
Here is a diagram of what to expect the day of your orthodontic appointment: