We want to give you peace of mind during this COVID-19 pandemic. Following the guidelines from the American Dental Association and Massachusetts Dental Society, our office has implemented a protocol to keep you and your family safe. This protocol started on May 2020 and it has worked very well. We ask that you like and follow our Facebook page for updates. We post the very important information there. Since we reopened after the COVID-19 shutdown, our patients and parents have been very receptive and understanding. Thank you for this!
We know that our community has been through a lot over the last year and a half; all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to you.
As we help you create your best smile, a clean, safe environment has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). All clinical staff will be wearing required PPE (Personal Protective Equipment), including gowns, head covers, gloves, Level 3, N95 masks or NK95 and face shields or goggles. In addition, all of our staff will be screened on a daily basis.
You will notice some changes when you come to your next appointment. Some of these are medical-grade air purifiers with HEPA-Rx ultrafine particulate filter, an extraoral dental suction unit designed to safely capture chairside aerosols, and plexiglass barriers at the front desk. We have made these changes to help protect our patients and staff as well as to make sure we are following mandates from the State of Massachusetts.
IF WE SCHEDULED A VIRTUAL APPOINTMENT:
There are some appointments that can be done VIRTUALLY. If we told you that your appointment will be virtual, please follow these instructions:
- All you need to do is click this link: https://doxy.me/burlingtonorthodontics. You can use your computer or smartphone. Please press “Enable Camera” and “Allow” access to your microphone. You will log into our Virtual Waiting room. Dr. Toro will get notified that you are in there and will answer your call shortly. Please join at least 5 minutes before your appointment time to make sure your camera/microphone are running and you are all set.
- If we scheduled a VIRTUAL TREATMENT CONFERENCE, during this virtual appointment Dr. Toro will share her screen and present her orthodontic findings, treatment proposal, cost, and payment plans. You will have the opportunity to discuss any questions or concerns. We recommend you use a computer screen, instead of your phone, to be able to appreciate better the screen share.
- If we scheduled a VIRTUAL aligner or retainer check, please click here to follow the instructions on how to take and submit your photos prior to your virtual appointment.
IF WE SCHEDULED AN IN-OFFICE APPOINTMENT:
Within 24 hours of your appointment (PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT THESE FORMS earlier than 24 hours as you will need to repeat them):
- Click here to fill out online the necessary online health forms and questionnaires Please choose if you are a NEW or CURRENT patient, and fill out the corresponding online forms (we must receive these before the appointment):
- Supplemental Informed Consent (only the FIRST time you come back to our office after the COVID-19 shutdown).
- Supplemental Health Questionnaire(EVERY time you have an appointment, until further notice).
- New Patient Health History Form (only NEW patients, or to UPDATE previous health form).
The Day of your Appointment:
- Make sure you have SUBMITTED your online forms (click above as needed). Without these we can’t start the appointment. To avoid running behind, please make sure you submit them before arriving.
- Before leaving for your appointment, please make sure you brush your teeth.
- Once you arrive at our office, please come DIRECTLY into the office, no need to wait in the car anymore . Please wear your MASK to enter
Please notify us if you have been sick in the last two weeks or have had contact with someone who has been sick in the last two weeks. You will not have to wait an extended period for a new appointment if you reschedule your appointment due to illness or suspected contact with someone exposed to COVID-19. We will reschedule your appointment to reflect a 2 week waiting period.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to continuing to care for our patients, neighbors and friends.
Dr. Toro and Team
Important links and phone numbers:
Text line: 781-262-3898
Phone call line: 781-272-3050