What To Expect
Upon your arrival at Burlington Orthodontics, please notify our front desk. We can’t wait to welcome you to our office!
Our Treatment Coordinator, Heather, will bring you and your family into our new patient exam room. Here we will talk about the reasons for your visit, discuss aspects of your medical history, and will ask more questions about your breathing and sleep (as these factors affect jaw growth and teeth position). Then Dr. Daniela Toro will conduct a thorough clinical orthodontic examination and they will explain the findings and aspects of treatment.
Remember, this initial exam or 1st visit is complimentary!
The Purpose of the Initial Examination is to Answer:
- What sort of problem is present, if any?
- When is the proper time to begin treatment?
- What type of treatment is indicated?
- How long will treatment take?
- How much will the treatment cost?
If orthodontic treatment is indicated at this time, we will recommend taking Diagnostic Records. If time allows, these diagnostic records can be taken at the initial visit.
What are Diagnostic Records?
- 3D scan of your teeth and bite, using our ITero 3D scanner (no need for alginate impressions!)
- Extraoral (face) and Intraoral (teeth) photos.
- Digital Panoramic and cephalogram radiographs and tracings. We will check with your dentist (with your authorization) for the latest radiographs taken, so we do not have to retake them.
- Dr. Toro will study these diagnostic records to determine the best course of orthodontic treatment.
What is the Cost of the Treatment?
The cost of treatment depends upon the severity of the patient’s problem. If treatment is required, after the diagnostic records are taken, Dr. Toro will discuss in detail the findings and the orthodontic treatment plan, as well as the fees and payment options. We have different payment plans to suit your budget and accept assignment from most insurance plans. We work hard to make orthodontics affordable.
What Does my Investment Include?
Your investment includes:
- Orthodontic records, which consists of digital x-rays, 3D dental scan, photos, and a personalized growth study workup to determine your treatment objectives.
- Active treatment fee for either early treatment (Phase 1) options and complete comprehensive treatment (Phase 2) with braces or Invisalign includes all appliances, office visits, and procedures performed in the office. Appliances are durable and should last through the entire treatment period if the patient follows instructions.
- One set of final retainers for all our patients is provided upon completion of treatment. There is a replacement fee for each additional retainer that is lost or broken.
What Doesn’t my Investment Include?
- Work performed at other dental offices outside our orthodontic practice (such as dental cleanings, caries, teeth extractions, CBCT scans, TADs placement, gum grafts, among others).
- If an accident or injury occurs during treatment which results in TMJ (Temporo-Mandibular-Joint) complications, additional orthodontics, orthognathic surgery, etc, a fee adjustment may be required to complete treatment under these unusual circumstances.
Assignment of Benefits
We accept assignment of benefits for most insurance plans. By doing this, the family’s out-of-pocket expense is substantially lower. Should there be any change in your policy prior to full payment of the insurance benefit, please contact our office immediately so adjustments may be made to your contract.
It is our goal to see you, on time, for your appointment. Time is scheduled to complete the necessary procedure, give information about the treatment and answer any questions you may have.
Do You Have a Protocol Now for COVID-19?
Yes, we are proud of the measurements we have taken since we opened after the COVID-19 shutdown. We have implemented a protocol to keep you and your family safe. Please click here for more information.